Tuesday 11 September 2012

Concentrate

I wonder if it is something to do with my 'involvement' with Lyme disease? It seems that I now have the attention span of an ADHD gnat. Whether it's trying to write, read my manuscript, read a book, watch a film or do my real work outdoors I just don't seem to be able to do it for very long. I think perhaps it might be time for a proper shot at meditation. I really do have to do something about this mind and also about the pain. My hands at rest now feel like I'm wearing big, rigid mittens which alternately chill and overheat, compress and impale. How long will I be able to use a chainsaw or pull a rifle trigger?

Down to England last weekend for the wedding of my wife's niece. A lovely weekend marred only by the amount of people inhabiting England. I forget and every time I head South it comes as a shock. The nose-to-tail traffic, the lack of decency, the dirt, the selfishness. Quite horrible. Is it any wonder I have to live on an island? I do worry about where it can all go, there are just too many people down there for people's mental welbeing - and it's not going to get any better.

Today we have a day of incredibly heavy showers and gusty winds, not a day to be in the woods but I must brace up and head out in a few minutes. I think perhaps I will head to Portree and fetch some chain oil and chainsaw files. Looking outside I can barely see the alders across the garden for the rain so maybe it's a good idea. That was interesting, wasn't it readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment