Friday 13 September 2013

A Year On

I was just reading a post I made a little over a year ago. In it I mentioned my hands were becoming a concern following my wrestle with 'suspected' Lyme disease (it's only the doctor who says suspected, I don't!). Without doubt they are worse, so are my hips, knees, back, neck and shoulders. The vagueness hasn't got too much better, nor the lethargy, nor the headaches. I don't write this as a 'poor me' but merely to warn. We are almost at the end of the tick season now but spring will see the little beggars emerging again ready to offload their burdens into YOU. Be aware, know the symptoms, know how to remove ticks properly and know when to take yourself to your doctor.

What next? Well, I could go and get more antibiotics but I'm not inclined to. I still don't have a proper diagnosis. His answer was 'yes, it's most likely Lyme'. Multitudes of blood tests have proved inconclusive but as anybody who's read anything about it knows, the tests aren't infallible. One thing is for certain. I have arthritis and it's unpleasant and I don't really know what to do next. Thank heavens for Naproxen and free prescriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment