Sunday 8 September 2013

There's a decidedly autumnal feel out there this morning. The midge population is dropping away (heaves sigh of relief), birch seeds are fluttering down like snowflakes and the bracken is turning.

Talking of bracken a couple of weeks ago the helicopter was here to take advantage of the 'Asulox Window'. Oh dear, what a palava. Half the population are up in arms about their water supply/vegetables/bees/washing/heaven knows what. The other half would like to see a little less bracken. Well, I fall into the less bracken category without doubt. Damned invasive, tick harbouring plant that it is. But what about the others? Well, I grew up on an arable farm and sprays hold no terror for me but I suppose these folks who grew up in towns and have heard nothing good about chemicals perhaps needed a bit of hand-holding before the helicopter descended. A little bit of prior information might have gone a long way to help acceptance. I'd better say no more.

What about the wider world? I sit here in a very small corner of it and watch as world unravels before me. I don't quite know why but I get the feeling that our wee planet is in greater danger now than it has been for many years. Perhaps ever. It seems clear to me that the Syrian problem is a front for Obama and Putin to orchestrate another World War. Why? Easy. Just read 1984. We should listen to Orwell. This is about money, it's about control, it's about vested interests.

Then there's Fukushima. It's pouring radioactive waste into the Pacific. Already fish are being caught off the West coast of America which are hemorrhaging from their eyes. This is not good. This is doubleplusungood.

So there we have it, a depressing little start to a sunny Sunday morning. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment